George Nassar, M.D.
Dr. George Nassar, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Nassar graduated from the Universite Libanaise, Beirut in 1997. He has been practicing medicine for over 17 years.
In addition to General Gastroenterology, Doctor Nassar’s Main Clinical focus is on advanced and interventional endoscopy, including diagnosing and treating pancreaticobiliary diseases and Gastrointestinal malignancies.
Besides Colonoscopies and Upper Endoscopies, Dr. Nassar performs the following procedures:
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) with Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) and Fine Needle Biopsy (FNB)
- ERCP (with stones extraction, placement of biliary and pancreatic stents, plastic and metallic)
- Drainage of pancreatic fluid collections/pseudocysts
- Endoscopic pancreatic necrosectomy/debridement of pancreas necrosis
- Endoscopic banding of Hemorrhoids
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) involving endoscopic removal of large polyps, and early Gastrointestinal tumors.
In his presentation above Dr. Nassar emphasized the importance of colon cancer screening and made us aware that African American patients should be screened at age 45 for colon cancer instead of the age 50. Dr. Nassar tells us about colon cancer risk factors.
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE): steps I, II, and III
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, 2002
- Board Certified in Gastroenterology, 2006, 2016
National Provider Identifier
Professional Clinical Positions
|2014 - Present||Chief of the Gastroenterology Department at Memorial Hospital||Jacksonville, Florida|
|2011 - Present||Borland-Groover Clinic, P.A.||Jacksonville, Florida|
|2010 - 2011||Independent Gastroenterology Attending Physician||Jacksonville, Florida|
|2006 - 2009||Gastroenterology attending, Meritcare Hospital, Fargo, ND, where he started the EUS program (Endoscopic Ultrasound) and introduced EUS for the first time in the state of North Dakota||Fargo, North Dakota|
|1997||Doctor of Medicine||Lebanese University Faculty of Medical Sciences|
|1997-1999||General Surgery residency||Lebanese University Faculty of Medical Sciences|
|1999-2002||Resident in Internal Medicine||Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, New York|
|2002-2003||Chief Resident in Internal Medicine||Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, New York|
|2003-2006||Fellow in Gastroenterology and Hepatology||SUNY Downstate (State University of New York), Brooklyn, NY|
|1991-1997||Lebanese University, Faculty of Medical Sciences||Beirut, Lebanon|
|2002 - 2003||Chief Resident Internal Medicine / Primary Care||Staten Island University Hospital||Staten Island, New York|
|1999 - 2002||Internship Residency in Internal Medicine||Staten Island University Hospital||Staten Island, New York|
|1997 - 1999||General Surgery||Lebanese University Faculty of Medical Sciences||Beirut, Lebanon|
|1990-1991||Lebanese University, Faculty of Biological Sciences||Beirut, Lebanon|
- ASGE: American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- ACG: American College of Gastroenterology
- AGA: American Gastroenterology Association